As I continue my quest to WAS, I knew Hawaii would be a tough. With my attic dipole, Hawaii might be possible, but it would be tough.During the ARRL contest a few weekends ago, I was on 15 and I heard or thought I heard a KH6. The pile up was crazy, but I jumped in. He was about a S-4 on my 7410. After a few minutes, I gave him a call and finally after about 3 or 4 minutes, he acknowledged me!! I was still in shock, but I did my happy dance and a little bit of noise. the puppies and Michele weren't sure what happened!! So I ran up the stairs and told her the good news.
Now the wait was one, did he get my call right and did he really hear me? I uploaded my log to LOTW and all I could do was wait.
I checked LOTW the next day, and bam, there it was, Hawaii conformed. Wow!! And then I thought I really wanted a QSL card, I mailed him off my card and a SASE. And last week I had a envelope from Hawaii! Opened it and there it was, a QSL from Hawaii. So awesome!!
Now, 4 states to go to WAS. Including Alaska; Nevada; Delaware; and West Virginia.

No comments:
Post a Comment